Boy am I glad I’ve committed to a shopping freeze on clothing. At the beginning of this year, I told myself not to buy any new clothing item until maybe June or even July because I really didn’t and still don’t need anything new. I’m glad I’ve been committed to a clothing freeze for the following reasons:
- I’m wearing the clothes currently in my closet, and it’s fine. No broken buttons, no holes, or even no fading from the wash.
- I’ll get my money’s worth on cost per wear by shopping my closet.
- I don’t need to clear out my closet like how I did last year. I did 6 Thredup bags last year.
- I’ve used the money I’d spend on clothes for other things like Korean skincare and makeup.
- I’ve also bought 2 luxury handbags.
- And then I’ve self invested and spent money on study material for my profession.
These are all great reasons to keep the shopping freeze going until maybe September. I think I can do it and hopefully save some money, or possibly use that money for something else like a trip or maybe even a new luxury handbag.