I still love it. I’m addicted and I just want to try everything! Ok, maybe not everything, but at least enough to know what my favorite brands are and to be able to explain why.
I get a few breakouts here and there, but regardless of my breakouts along my chin, the rest of my skin looks great. I just want to prevent early signs of aging and I’m loving my makeup application. I think I used to stray from wearing too much makeup because I enjoy a more natural everyday look, but then again I didn’t know any better about skincare. With how Korean skincare transformed my skin, I’m actually more curious than ever about makeup. Who knew that a good base is key to a natural look?
Currently with the change in weather, I’m not using as much products as when I first started. I still wash my face twice a day. It’s not really so much of a wash, but more the use of micellar water to remove makeup or other impurities from my face. That or makeup remover wipes. I still use a toner and on rare occasions I skip that step when I’m feeling super lazy, which has currently been the last few weeks since coming back from vacation. But lately, it’s been cleanse, toner, and Innisfree’s green tea moisture serum. At night, I’ll put on a moisturizer but that’s really been it. In the morning after applying the green tea moisture serum, I follow up with sunscreen. I guess I’m lucky with Bay Area weather since it’s not desert dry over here. With that being said, TGIF folks! Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! It’s finally starting to warm up over here, and finally starting to feel like spring!
How to have a budget friendly spa day at home you ask? It’s simple. Pick up a few items from the store if you don’t already have them, and set a future date for your spa day either alone or with your girls.
- Nail polish. Pick your color and don’t forget to have nail polish remover with cotton balls at the ready.
- Hair mask. Pick up a hair mask if you don’t already have one or make your own.
- Sheet masks. These babies are everywhere now. CVS, Target, Bath and Body, etc.
- Bath bomb. Take a bath. You probably want to do this on your own and not with your girls.
There are no instructions for this budget friendly spa day. You choose what to do first and when to move on. I hope some of you find these ideas useful to start your own budget friendly spa day at home. Forget about wasting hundreds of dollars on a mud bath or on a facial. You can get the same thing for a fraction of the cost in the comforts of your own home. Enjoy!
We finally arrived to our timeshare safe and sound. We went to Wholefoods because it’s less than a 5 minute drive from our place. So in addition to grocery shopping for the week and eating a very late lunch, I decided to pick up a bath bomb and try it out. That little round ball in my picture was $5.99. Let’s see how this goes.
There you have it folks, my small lipstick collection which by the way I forgot to swatch one of the tubes. Can you tell I love Clinique?
The photo above shows all the things I’m currently loving. Hope you enjoy my favorites as much as I do!
- TSUBAKI Shiseido Hair Water Damage Care Moist – I really do like this hair mist. It makes my hair feel smooth, healthy, and less tangled. It also helps tame my frizz.
- e.l.f. Smudge Brush, Small – I love e.l.f. products because they’re so cheap and do the job just fine. I bought this small smudge brush to use for lining my eyes instead of using traditional eyeliner. I pretty much use one of the darker eye shadow shades that I have to line my eyes for a smoky look. I like doing it this way because it’s just easier to remove eye makeup without having to tug at my eyes so much. #lazygirlhack
- Profusion 9 Color Eyeshadow Palette ~ Studio Icon Collection – I like all the colors in this palette because they’re subdued and don’t scream, “Hey, look at me!”
- COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad, 70 Pads – I love the concept of toner on a pad. It’s quick, easy, and very convenient. Another #lazygirlhack.
- Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion, Advanced Repair Unscented, 32 Ounce – I have one of these bottles at home and one sitting on my work desk. It’s a fantastic lotion for moisture. I go to the bathroom quite often, which means I wash my hands often. This lotion really takes away any feeling of dryness after all the handwashin.
- Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence, 3.4 Ounce – After I swipe my face with the Cosrx Moisture Up Pad, I apply this essence to my face. It quickly absorbs into my skin, and immediately I have a glowing face. If you’re looking to copy the ‘glass skin’ look, I suggest using this product prior to makeup application.
- Burt’s Bees BB Cream with SPF 15, Light / Medium, 1.7 Ounces – Not only does this provide coverage for my face, it’s also 15 SPF. I initially bought this thinking I could use it for summer time in place of putting on powder. Lately I’ve been using it to help create the ‘glass skin’ look.
- Burt’s Bees Combo Pack Wild Cherry and Vanilla Bean Lip Balm (1) – I love Burt’s Bees chapsticks. My favorites are the vanilla and mango scented ones.
- Black vegan leather pouch by Madewell – I love carrying this pouch around when all I need to carry with me is my wallet, phone, and car keys. It’s just so minimal and chic.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm – Mega Melon 04 Travel Size – I love this lip balm because it has a dash of color and not overpowering. I’ll actually apply chapstick before applying this lip balm. Usually I pop this on before a meeting or if I’m going to church.
- Clinique High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 11 Peach Pop – This lipstick color is very similar to my chubby stick lip color, Mega Melon. I usually use this one for church and alternate between this or the chubby stick (not that there’s much of a difference in color thoug).
- Pop Lip Shadow Cushion Matte Lip Powder Bright Pop – I really love this color. When I’m feeling extra fancy, I’ll line my lips with this before applying my lipstick in Peach Pop. The colors blend well together and this lip liner just adds a little extra umph.
- Estee Lauder The Essential Face Palette- Deep No. 03 – Last but not least the face palette. I just love this travel friendly face palette.
Some days are hard. Most of my days have been tough at work. Today was a 10 hour workday as was yesterday. I don’t know what it is about washing my face and putting on a sheetmask, but the act of doing this just feels so dang good. I’m currently wearing one right now and it’s very calming. It’s cooling my face and I’m starting to wind down from the long day. Some people do yoga or exercise to burn off steam. Instead, I just put on a sheetmask.
I get bored quite easily. I don’t have ADD or ADHD. I’m just your average Jane who likes to try new things, learn about new cultures, and basically just experience life. You can almost say I’m no expert at one thing, but I like to dabble in a lot of things.
If you haven’t noticed, I’m seriously into Korean skincare at the moment, but it doesn’t mean that I’m going to immerse myself in it to become THE guru expert. I really just love to share and at some point my blog posts will be about something else. In the mean time, I’ll probably be talking about Korean beauty products for a bit because I’m currently loving them!