For those following along with me, some of you may already know I’ve spent quite a bit of money on beauty related products in the first part of this year. First with Korean skincare, which then bloomed to a love for all things beauty. As some of you may know, I bought and tried all sorts of stuff and so I’ve compiled a list of my monthly favorites for April 2018. These products have been the ones I’ve gravitated to in the past month and have thus made it to my monthly favorites list. In no particular order, they are:
- COSRX Moisture Up Pads – I still love this toner in a pad. It doesn’t break me out and very convenient to use. I’m on my second refill, but just recently placed an order for my third.
- Innisfree No Sebum Powder – I love this powder. I seriously think it’s helped keep breakouts at bay since I’ve been using it. These days I don’t even reach for my Clinique Sheer Powder compact that I used to use on the daily. I’ve been using this powder after applying foundation and it’s been great!
- Innisfree Green Tea Serum – I’m only halfway done with this bottle and I’ve had it for about two months now. Definitely getting my money’s worth with this one. This product clears up dry patches and I basically use this consistently in my morning and night routine.
- The Face Shop’s Single Blush in 03 – Since buying this cute little thing I’ve been using it for my daily makeup routine. It’s just so perfect for daily use because it’s sublte and a nice shade on me.
- Mizon’s Snail Eye Cream – Still loving this eye cream. I’ve just placed an order for my second refill because I love this so much.
- e.l.f. Beauty Sponge – I haven’t tried the actual beauty blender, but for a fraction of the cost I’d rather stick to cheaper alternatives. Initially, I was applying my foundation with a foundation brush or with my finger, but after watching those GRWM videos, I decided to pick one of these sponges up from Target for $6. Well I’m so glad I did because I love the application. It looks a lot better than applying with a foundation brush and finger.
- Clinique Even Better – This has lighter coverage than the Beyond Perfecting foundation (mentioned below), but I prefer it for my everyday look because this one has SPF 15 coverage.
- Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation / concealer – I just recently bought this and I try to use it for my under eyes or on days when I’m feeling extra fancy when I want more coverage.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette – As I’ve previously mentioned, this palette has a wide selection of colors to create a glam or low key look. There’s a mixture of shimmers and matte colors so you won’t get bored with the palette. I bought it with summer in mind, but I think it’s also great for special occasions since they include shimmers. The one draw back about this palette and the next one I’m going to mention, from Naked, is how much pigmentation there is and how much stays on the skin even after wiping off with makeup remover wipes or micellar water. I recently got a sty under my eye probably from left over makeup, and I realize I need to double cleanse if I’m going to continue using highly pigmented eye shadows. Regardless though, the palette shades are so beautiful!
- Naked Petite Heat Palette – I love this palette. Its very natural wearing for everyday makeup and can also be for bold looks. The best part is it’s also travel size to fit easily in a carry-on, and a fraction of the cost of the larger heat palette. It’s definitely a good idea to try this size before investing in the larger palette.
Recent food discoveries: Who knew popchips were so good with hummus? If you don’t know now you know bae bae bae bae! You should try these chips with hummus. Garlic hummus to be precise.
The drink I discovered from Whole Foods in Austin. I thought it had caffeine, but it doesn’t. It’s supposed to give you energy. At least I’d like to believe it does. It has 7g of fiber, which is awesome so it’s kind of like coffee where it helps to go poop? Just try it because it’s delicious!