So before I began my skincare journey, I was only using moisturizer and applying it on my face once a day. I know what you’re probably thinking, “how barbaric”. After seeing the great affects Korean skincare was having on my face, I went further and purchased some eye cream since it’s a part of the 10-step routine. It’s been two weeks of using the MIZON Eye Cream, and it’s already made such a difference on me. At the end of a work day my eyes usually get blurry and feel heavy, probably from staring at a computer all day. So I have this bad habit of rubbing my eyes to get all the build up off. However, after using eye cream I don’t get that heavy tired feeling anymore. I still get build up but it’s not as much as before when I was using Neutrogena or Olay moisturizer with SPF. Using Olay moisturizer used to burn my eyes after yawning, which is why I switched to Neutrogena, and even when I switched after that, my eyes still felt heavy until I actually used eye cream. It really does make such a big difference. It’s lessened my dark circles and puffy eye bags, but most of all eased the feeling of tired eyes.
My sheetmasks just came in and the plan is to use them on my upcoming trip. I also bought a face mist to carry around with me in case my skin freaks out from a shift in temperature and environment.
The other product is another hair essence for volumizing limp hair (eye roll, I know too many hair products). I also bought another Cosrx Low pH cleanser since my husband likes to use it as well.
For April, I’m not planning to buy or tryout new stuff (maybe). I’m quite happy with my current skincare that I’ll probably be re-purchasing the same things until summer rolls around. Maybe…unless I find something that I’m curious about.
Thanks to the seller on Amazon who kindly gave me replacement sheetmasks. It was unfortunate that my initial order got damaged along transit, but thankfully, the seller was nice enough to re-send new ones. I’m very grateful because I was hoping to test these out on the plane, and I’m so happy that I still can do it!
The other product above is another hair product I ordered a few weeks ago and finally came in the other day. Lots of hair products to test out!
My second Korean moisturizer that I ordered last month finally arrived the other day. I also ordered some hair serum last week and that also just arrived. I guess I’ve been into hair products recently. Hopefully I find a hair routine suitable for dry and frizzy hair.
On a different note, my savings for March is going to be $400. Didn’t get to save all that much because of taxes and other life surprises.
The photo above shows all the things I’m currently loving. Hope you enjoy my favorites as much as I do!
- TSUBAKI Shiseido Hair Water Damage Care Moist – I really do like this hair mist. It makes my hair feel smooth, healthy, and less tangled. It also helps tame my frizz.
- e.l.f. Smudge Brush, Small – I love e.l.f. products because they’re so cheap and do the job just fine. I bought this small smudge brush to use for lining my eyes instead of using traditional eyeliner. I pretty much use one of the darker eye shadow shades that I have to line my eyes for a smoky look. I like doing it this way because it’s just easier to remove eye makeup without having to tug at my eyes so much. #lazygirlhack
- Profusion 9 Color Eyeshadow Palette ~ Studio Icon Collection – I like all the colors in this palette because they’re subdued and don’t scream, “Hey, look at me!”
- COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad, 70 Pads – I love the concept of toner on a pad. It’s quick, easy, and very convenient. Another #lazygirlhack.
- Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion, Advanced Repair Unscented, 32 Ounce – I have one of these bottles at home and one sitting on my work desk. It’s a fantastic lotion for moisture. I go to the bathroom quite often, which means I wash my hands often. This lotion really takes away any feeling of dryness after all the handwashin.
- Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence, 3.4 Ounce – After I swipe my face with the Cosrx Moisture Up Pad, I apply this essence to my face. It quickly absorbs into my skin, and immediately I have a glowing face. If you’re looking to copy the ‘glass skin’ look, I suggest using this product prior to makeup application.
- Burt’s Bees BB Cream with SPF 15, Light / Medium, 1.7 Ounces – Not only does this provide coverage for my face, it’s also 15 SPF. I initially bought this thinking I could use it for summer time in place of putting on powder. Lately I’ve been using it to help create the ‘glass skin’ look.
- Burt’s Bees Combo Pack Wild Cherry and Vanilla Bean Lip Balm (1) – I love Burt’s Bees chapsticks. My favorites are the vanilla and mango scented ones.
- Black vegan leather pouch by Madewell – I love carrying this pouch around when all I need to carry with me is my wallet, phone, and car keys. It’s just so minimal and chic.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm – Mega Melon 04 Travel Size – I love this lip balm because it has a dash of color and not overpowering. I’ll actually apply chapstick before applying this lip balm. Usually I pop this on before a meeting or if I’m going to church.
- Clinique High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 11 Peach Pop – This lipstick color is very similar to my chubby stick lip color, Mega Melon. I usually use this one for church and alternate between this or the chubby stick (not that there’s much of a difference in color thoug).
- Pop Lip Shadow Cushion Matte Lip Powder Bright Pop – I really love this color. When I’m feeling extra fancy, I’ll line my lips with this before applying my lipstick in Peach Pop. The colors blend well together and this lip liner just adds a little extra umph.
- Estee Lauder The Essential Face Palette- Deep No. 03 – Last but not least the face palette. I just love this travel friendly face palette.
So these are all the skincare products we’re going to use on our upcoming trip (I’ve also included hair oil in the picture for me). I still have some face masks coming in, but this is pretty much it. I got 2 free samples from Soko Glam of the Neogen Cleansing water that I plan to use to remove makeup in addition to the makeup wipes. I checked the price for the Neogen Cleansing Water and it’s pretty expensive compared to Garnier’s Micellar Water. If I like it enough to justify the price of it, then I may just buy it but we’ll see.
I purchased these items last week on Amazon and they got to my door this morning. I bought a new blusher just so I have two with one dedicated for traveling only. I also bought a shower cap so I can start using hair masks, and also a hair oil. I figure it doesn’t hurt to try several hair products to find my holy grail.
My other order from Peach and Lily arrived via USPS. Thankfully they arrived intact. These items are intended to be used on our upcoming trip with the exception of the sheetmasks. Those were included for free in my order. Again as previously mentioned, I bought travel size eye cream, moisturizer, cleanser, and makeup face wipes (all products from Mizon except the makeup wipes).