On a different note, not that I’ll be planning to get any of these items any time soon or maybe even ever, but currently I’m lusting after the following items:
1. Gucci’s Princetown Mule. This shoe screams summer professional to me. Not only is it a no brainer to just throw this on in the morning, it’s super easy to just slip them on.
2. Valentino’s Rockstud shoulder bag. I just love the rockstar studs.
3. Prada’s Vitello Daino Double Compartment Leather Crossbody Bag. I love how simple this bag is, yet is very much an outfit completer. Like you can go out in jeans and a t-shirt with this bag, and still look put together. You can’t go wrong ever in black and gold.
4. Gucci Logo Leather Pouch. I love this catch all pouch that you can just carry around.
As you can see, my current color mood is black despite spring and summer coming in full swing. Believe it or not, I’ve been straying from this color for the past few years gravitating towards more dusty pinks, beiges, navy, and browns for neutrals. These days, I’ve fallen back in love with black. I guess it’s just been awhile, and now for some reason, all my new wishlist bags are in black!
For those who don’t know, Rebecca Minkoff is currently holding a sample sale on a good amount of their stuff. Below are my picks:
- Currently on sale for $148, Midnighter Top Handle Feed Bag. Original retail price at $295. I’m loving Valentino’s studded bags this season. This bag definitely draws inspiration from Valentino.
- Currently on sale for $128. For anyone wanting to try the fanny pack trend, now would be the time to pick one up from Rebecca Minkoff.
- Currently on sale for $148, the classic M.A.C. crossbody retails for $295. I’m definitely considering getting this bag.
There are a bunch of other styles on sale. I hope you’ve enjoyed my picks, but definitely check out the Rebecca Minkoff website to see what tickles your fancy. Enjoy!
If you don’t know now you know that Coach and Henri Bendel are offering 30% off select handbags and goodies for Mother’s Day. At Coach use code mom18 and for Henri Bendel the discount is automatically applied at checkout. If I hadn’t bought a luxury handbag last month, I would be on these two sales.
This bag from Coach is adorable and I want it so bad that I’m really tempted to get one, but it looks good in both black and white that deciding on which one to get is so hard. Plus, Honey is offering 1,000 points with a purchase from Coach so knowing this doesn’t help.
And then there’s this bag from Henri Bendel. It’s a hobo crossbody and it’s so cute in black and sand shell!
I want to justify these purchases so bad, but I know my husband won’t approve since I just bought a really expensive bag last month. Let’s just say I can buy all four featured bags here for the price of what I spent on one last month, which brings me to a realization that luxury is overrated. Mid-range handbag brands are just as durable with the same leather, probably not the same stitching or craftsmanship, but they hold up to the test of time. Yes the craftsmanship is different, but there’s also a markup in the designer label so I guess it really comes down to preference and budget.
I’ve held off for so long in buying a luxury item that it’s taken me awhile to settle on what my first purchase was going to be. I can tell you that no one had to twist my arm at the Gucci shop today.
So how did I end up justifying my purchase?
Several reasons. It’s probably from watching a lot of YouTubers who own luxury bags (influencers are real), having money saved up that isn’t earmarked for anything (okay maybe for future trips), and probably because I’m debt free and just want to treat myself. I mean I’ve held off for this long and I’m in my thirties for crying out loud. We all need a little something to keep us motivated in life right? Of course there are other ways to do it, but to each their own. Curiosity (ok FOMO) got the best of me, but you know what we all have to keep living. So we should live our best life!
Happy Friday folks!